You have probably been searching for information on Google, forums or blogs and it’s still not clear how to start planning your unique experience around Costa Rica.
But the feeling can be even worse when you’re faced with a travel agency that will charge you a lot of $$$ money and they will only suggest packaged tours to places that will make you feel like a total tourist.
Not only is the entire process overwhelming, but it is a total waste of money … and there is a better way!
Hi, we are Ligia and Rodrigo, and we have a question for you:
Have you ever wished to have a close friend in the country that you will be traveling to? Someone who can give you all the needed information, tips, and best places to visit, and who can make your life easier when you can trust the information that he/she is telling you?
Well, that’s an ideal situation when you are planning to visit a country that you don’t know.
That’s why, nowadays in this digital age, it is normal to look for information on Google, forums, travel blogs, and other resources like travel guides.
And many people think that they can find the right information on those websites/resources.
But, the reality is that the information gets old and not accurate anymore, so it’s hard to know what to believe online.
It could be that information was written by someone else with a different perspective than yours because of the time of the year and conditions. It won’t necessarily meet your expectations at the time that you travel to that country.
And you have to add the fact that probably that person won’t come back again to that country. Which leads us to our most important conclusion:
Traveling to the first time to an unknown country without the right guidance can leave you:
- Feeling like a total tourist who will be visiting only the crowded and pricy places after spending a lot of time in research thinking that you are making the right choice.
- Paying more money than you should for not having insider tips with you!
- Also, missing the opportunity to get an authentic and unique local experience.
But it doesn’t have to be that way!
It really makes us feel sad when we meet people who have been looking forward to their trip to Costa Rica for a long time and wish to have a local experience where they can get the authentic taste of the culture — but then end up listing the same touristy places.
Or sometimes we have heard stories of people who feel ripped off or that they ended up overpaying … but it’s too late to tell them and we don’t want to ruin their experience.
Because we want people to enjoy Costa Rica as they have planned.
Together, we have more than 10 years of experience working in the tourism industry in Costa Rica. Rodrigo as a tour guide and travel planner. Ligia with expertise in hospitality, tour desk agent and even as a volunteer coordinator.
All those jobs have given us a better understanding of how we can help foreigners planning their trips.
Through all these years of experience, we have faced many situations that gave us the conviction of the importance of listening to people first in order to help them achieve their expectations.
We don’t think the traditional model of a travel agency that sells pre-made packages for everybody is the right one.
How are our trips different?
- We BELIEVE in custom-designed: We don’t have cookie-cutter trips. We like to create a trip just for you. As locals, we have contacts that help us connect your vacation with your interests. As much or little structure as you wish. We could help you plan part of the trip or the whole trip.
- We BELIEVE in local knowledge: We have the personal contact details for local travel suppliers since we live in Costa Rica. This means your trip will be planned with the most up-to-date, localized knowledge.
- We BELIEVE in Sustainable Tourism: We don’t like the “greenwashing” trend that’s out there. We believe that every action has a positive or negative consequence. Sustainable tourism is about leaving a positive impact on local economies, preserving the culture and protecting the environment. So our goal is to work with suppliers who are practicing sustainability.
Happy Explorer Customers
“But I love travel planning myself!”
We hear it all the time.
Should You Plan Your Trip With Us?
We might not be right for everyone. But here’s some reasons you might want to plan your trip with us:
- Save up to 30 hours (or more) in searching and planning your trip.
- Skip the logistical nightmares. Costa Rica seems like a small country that you will drive from the Pacific to the Caribbean ocean in one day. What most people don’t know is that what looks like a close distance on the map can take hours if you don’t know the right way.
- Get recommendations for unique local places.
- Create a meaningful experience with personalized service.
Here is an idea of what you get…
- Destination advice from local experts in Costa Rica.
- Ideas on what to do depending on your interests. We listen seriously!
- Hotel bookings
- All your trip information organized in one place
- Personal attention answering all your questions
- In-country support (Depending on your plan)
How does it work?
- Choose your plan and process your checkout payment.
- Share your travel preferences and complete our form.
- Initial phone call where we’ll talk about your interests and the payment process.
- Receive a fully custom itinerary and all included in your plan.
How much does the travel advisor service cost?
We know some people have trouble with the idea of “travel consultant” as they relate it to the concept to travel agents or to an expensive, only-for-luxury travel. Some people may not think it’s a necessary service since there are dozens of online resources.
But we love to help people to come to Costa Rica and get the most out of the experience without losing the freedom to still plan their trip and without paying a fortune to get information that helps them meet their expectations.
Be a traveler, not only a tourist.
PER DAY OF TRAVEL
30 min. phone call/Skype meeting (Time for listening carefully at your travel interests and preferences!)
Custom daily travel plan
Delivery in 7-10 days
2 rounds of trip revisions
Includes up to 4 travelers*
Links to book all activities
Hotel/Activity and tour bookings assistance if needed